4.18.2010

i love food

So I bought this book yesterday. It's wonderful. Lately I have been super into cooking, and Italian food is of course the best (but not that great for you). This book takes all of the yummieness of Italian food and makes it a bit healthier. Plus throws some awesome desserts in there, lemon ricotta cookies anyone? They are amazing! Just recently I started eating meat again, which means I get to learn how to cook meat now! How fun, I just love learning. Does anyone have any good recipes of their favorite dinner dishes? Baked macaroni and cheese from scratch will be made this week along with some roast beef and greek burgers. And yes I could talk food all day long.

Speaking of food. There is a Mexican restaurant near Syracuse called Boom Boom Mex Mex that we have been hearing about for years. "It's the best food ever", "It's so awesome blah blah blah". Tonight we went to finally try it out... umm not so much. An hour wait for refried beans, dry pork and all around flavorless food. Hopefully we just went on a bad day and normally it's way better. Otherwise everyone we know who loves it is absolutely mad. What I would do to be in San Diego eating at Pokez right now, no kidding the best food I have ever eaten in my life. I refuse to stop talking about it even though I haven't had it in four years!

In crafting land, I have made a few cute little creatures this week but can't share them yet! They are getting mailed to some special ladies and I don't want to ruin the surprise!

It's my only night off this week so I must go enjoy it. Have a good weekend everyone, Sadie says she loves youuu.

im wearing pink!
im wearing pink!

<3
Casey Kirkland

6 comments:

  1. don't you wish you were there right this moment?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Giada! What a woman! What made you start eating meat again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Giada!! We got four new flatscreens at work and someone always leaves one of them on the Food Network, and I think we're all pretty much in love with her (except for one person, who said she looks like Steven Tyler, which I am not seeing!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly Leigh- Oh there were many reasons I started eating meat again. I missed cheese burgers, my new job seems silly if I don't eat meat, I really like steak. It seems I go through stages of when meat grosses me out and when all I want is a giant rare burger. Weird right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when places are totally hyped up and then just don't deliver. I can't wait to see what you made!

    ReplyDelete