9.29.2010

best news ever!

I have some very exciting news to shout from a mountain top. Waiting to tell people this has been the hardest task ever. I am horrible at keeping my own secrets. Now that we are in the "safe part" I can do what I want!

We are 12 weeks and 5 days pregnant with our first child!

The ultrasound from 9 weeks 6 days. 

Both Mikey and I are beyond excited. Everything seems to be working out. We moved for the second time in two months about a month ago into a town house that has two bedrooms. Best part is the rent is still the same! Our last apartment was a fancy Victorian apartment with 15ft high ceilings and all original woodwork and such. This one is in the carriage house behind it and is a normal apartment so rent was all the same, same landlord even so we didn't have to put down a new security deposit!

Every week I am going to try to post whats going on with the baby and how I am feeling. I'll start it off with week 12!

Week 12-

"By now, your baby weighs a full half-ounce and is about the size of a large plum. Most of his systems are in place, though there's still plenty of maturing to do. For one thing, his fetal digestive system is beginning to practice contraction movements necessary for eating, and his bone marrow is busy making white blood cells — weapons against germs once he's out of your safe haven. The pituitary gland (at the base of the brain) has started producing the hormones that'll enable him (or her) to make babies of his (or her) own in a couple of decades or so" 
 (picture and quote from whattoexpect.com)

So far I have been crazy tired. I have a lot of trouble getting off the couch or out of bed most days. When I heard about this symptom I never imagined that it could be this bad! But I'm getting through it by telling myself that the apartment will get clean and organized soon and not to push myself too hard. My doctor and every book I have read keep telling me that I should be getting some energy back soon so some stuff can get done!

As for food I have been off and on again nausea (one week was really bad in the beginning). All of the foods I normally love totally gross me out. I went from eating super healthy to only wanting to eat anything that I ate when I was 8 years old. Baked ziti, tuna noodle casserole, sloppy joes, ham sandwiches, ranch dressing and hot dogs and mac & cheese. What is wrong with me! I can't make food either. Cooking totally grosses me out. Can't even get near raw meat. Lucky for me Mikey is a super good cook otherwise we would be screwed haha.

I'll try to get a belly picture soon! Our point and shot is broken and Mike can't figure out the rebel but it will come soon. Hope everyone is well.

-Casey Kirkland

12 comments:

  1. awwwww! CONGRATSSS! :D amazing news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D!!!!! Congratulations to you both!
    I am looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! this IS exciting news!!
    we are so stoked for you guys! happy baby!
    p.s. i am baking like its nobodys business...i know you're a baker...but if you want any healthy vegan goodies let me know! i'll have em out the door in a pinch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy vegan treats?! Amazing! I have been too tired to make anything at home lately. Soon though I am making muffins for a healthy breakfast!

    Ps thank you everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you! I was super confused seeing some of your tweets about a baby - I hadn't seen a blog yet so I wasn't really sure :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That's so amazing. :)

    Little Sugar Monster

    ReplyDelete