12.17.2010

birthday celebration with the mom

Today my Mom came down to celebrate my 24th birthday (which is Sunday) and Christmas with me. We had a fantastic time shopping, attempting to train my dog, eating a delicious lunch and opening presents. Since my birthday and Christmas are so close together I always get "Birthmas" presents from here. Which just means two times the normal amount of stuff all mixed together.
 She gave me the little point and shoot camera I had on my wish list just in purple, a bunch of super warm nice socks (she buys me the things I love to own but hate to buy), a stocking full of awesome little trinkets, took me maternity clothes shopping and gave us some seed money to save up for a new mattress and box spring. A fine year if I do say so myself! I made her a bunch of things including granny square slippers and a big embroidery project to hang on her wall that I of course didn't take pictures of. Here are a few pictures from the day. Expect way more pictures now that I have a handy camera that I can carry around with me.






My step grandmother made Ivan a beautiful afghan.

All around a wonderful day. I love my family so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment